Sunday, April 10, 2011

कैंडी Winner







Hmmm...Guess my blog is acting a little funny today. I wanted to take a minute to thank everyone for all sweet comments that were left and it's so good to know that so many are praying for me. Please believe me when I say that they mean so much to me. I'm so sorry that I'm a little late in announcing the winner of Cindy's Birthday Candy but it's been rough the last couple of days and I guess I just needed a few days to feel sorry for myself. Don't worry, I'm doing my best to get myself out of it.

My husband and I celebrated our daughters birthday as we would have had she been here with us. I made her favorite dinner which she requested every year. Lasagna and of course we had to have a birthday cake for her as well. After dinner my husband and I wrote messages on balloons and released them in front of our house. I'm praying that those messsages made it to her in heaven. We stood there watching them go so high until they were out of sight, so I choose to beleive that they did make it and she knows how blessed I was to be her mom for the 23 years that I had her with me. She was such a kind person and hard worker and had so much going for her. I always told her she was going to make a career out of going to school becuase she loved it so much. She was just shy of getting her bachelors degree and was going to continue on to get her masters. I was so proud of the person that she had become.

Anyways, I'm sorry for rambling on. Seems that sometimes happens when I start talking about Cindy. Hug your children and enjoy every second that you have with them. I wanted to share a layout that I did of Cindy. It was done a couple of years ago but the picture of her always reminded me of an angel and also a couple of pictures from her birthday.

Oh and back to the reason why we're here. The winner of the candy. Sorry, I almost forgot that part. lol Everyone was put into a jar and my husband picked Sheri. Sherry if you coule please email me at jpatton66@hotmail.com and provide me with your address, I will get your candy out this week.

14 comments:

  1. Oh Julie, how very special this is. I cannot imagine how you must be feeling, it's just too painful to grasp. Know that my thoughts are with you and your dear hubby as you celebrate what would have been your gorgeous daughter's birthday. I am sure those messages made it all the way to heaven for her to read how much you will always love her. hugs Sharon x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sad and yet so uplifting. What a great way to remember your daughter. I am so sure that she is looking down and smiling...
    God Bless
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sure she got your messages in Heaven. God bless you all. Such a sad time for you. I am the lucky winner of your candy and wanted to thank you so very much - this candy will be extra special for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My heart goes with you Julie. No matter how far Cindy is, she would be proud to have a mom like you. I always find stamping is part of my healing therapy whenever my days are in the dark side, so keep crafting and be strong :-)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  5. No apologies are necessary. I just can't imagine surviving the loss of a child. My cousin lost his son to SIDs at 3 months old. He and his wife do the same thing you're family did - every year on the baby's bday they celebrate his life. I think it's a wonderful remember your child.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been where you are, Julie. There are no comforting words for a grieving mother, just the assurance of understanding and caring friends. Only time and God can soften the pain.
    Sue S.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to celebrate your daughter's birthday. And I agree with Hope...absolutely NO NEED to apologize! We are all here for you.
    Blessings,
    Rene

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how beautiful, you did a wonderful job! Congrats to the winner!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so sorry for you loss. I really love how you celebrated her life by having her favorite dinner. And the idea with the balloons is amazing!! Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMGoodness my prayers are for you and your
    family....my heart just hurts after reading
    your entry...my GOD bless you.
    hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Julie, I wasn't aware of your blog candy but that's not why I'm here. Several months ago I posted to the Magnolialicious group about the death of my 22yr old daughter. I received many emails of sympathy from many people including friends, family and support groups for CHD (congenital heart defects) which my daughter had been born with.

    I remember receiving an email from someone from the Magnolialicious group saying that her daughter had just passed away and offered her support. Unfortunately I lost that email and I've been wondering whether I should ask the group or not... but now I realize that it was you who sent me such a kind, compassionate email. I don't see your email address so please email me. I would love to get to know you better. Not only do we have the love of stamping and of the Magnolia stamps but our precious daughters are now angels and we must learn to move forward taking their memories with us.

    My daughter's birthday is June 3rd and I know it's going to be such a hard day... or more like a hard week. Last weekend was her 6 month "angelversary" and I had a very rough week.

    Your daughter was so beautiful and amazing. I'm glad that you are able to continue talking about her and that you are scrapbooking her life. My daughter was sick her whole life and wasn't expected to survive childhood so I scrapbooked many photos of her over the past 10 years or so. I had 5 finished scrapbooks at her funeral and a lot of people enjoyed getting to know her better through those books. I still have many photos that I need to get into albums. They are such a treasure.

    So please email me and I'll email you right back. Lots of love and prayers,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  12. You booth take care in this hard time. It's hard wenn you have to miss someone thát's very close to you. Someone who loved you!
    Wishing you all the best, bye Mascha

    ReplyDelete
  13. Julie, My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Your daughter was a beautiful young woman. I can imagine how much you must miss her especially at this special time. Remember that her memory lives in your heart and she is always with you. God Bless you and your family and may the Lord comfort you and give you the peace that surpasses all understanding.
    Hugs, Cathy-Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thinking of you today... with LOVE and prayers of HOPE and HEALING ♥

    In Christ's love,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete